Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Collage Swap

I am participating in a swap with my stamping friends that is a little different from our normal swaps.  Instead of creating cards, we are making little squares that will be made into a collage.  The important requirement is that the squares have to be 1-3/8" by 1-3/8" or use the Stampin' Up Square Scallop Punch.

When I agreed to participate, I thought I can easily get this done since I already had a idea floating in my head.  The one with a tiny tag was my original idea but I wasn't too crazy about it.  The one on the left was my second try.  Then the spooky bats, first in green and then in gray.  I really liked the bats but the bat punch was retired last year so I can't use it.


The final design I decided to go with is really simple and easy to mass produce.  I need twenty squares and they are due October 15th.  I finished them today in, like, an hour.  It's really a simple process.  I cut 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 squares from white cardstock and stamped the spider in black Stazon and "Crawly" in Calypso Coral.


Then I sponged Wisteria Wonder around the squares, covering almost all the white cardstock.


Next, I glued the squares to punched out scallop square.


And now I'm done!!!  Way ahead of schedule.  Stay tuned for the next collage swap which is a Christmas/Holiday theme.

All stamps, inks and cardstocks used were from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment