Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas - Square Collage Swaps

One more square collage swap completed.  These itty bitty square swaps are fun and easy to put together.  I got my swaps completed and mailed way ahead of the November 15th deadline.  Once I got the colors and layout nailed down I got to work.

I started by cutting 2" strips of white and cherry cobbler cardstocks to speed up stamping and punching my elements.  I punched out 30 scallop squares in Cherry Cobbler.   From white cardstock, I punched 1.25" squares for the panel.  I stamped the Christmas trees in cherry cobbler, lucky limeade and soft suede and the sentiments in soft suede.

Then I brushed Crystal Effects all over the Christmas trees and the sentiments to give the images a glossy, lacquered look.  I used to do this every time I hand cut my stamped images, it gives the cardstock more weight and as you cut, the scissors just glide around the edges; makes fussy cutting less stressful.  The key is to let the product dry completely.  I usually let mine sit for at least half hour.  I'm sure you can speed up the drying time with a heat gun but I've never tried it.

Once they're dry, I punched out all 90 Christmas trees.


I cut the sentiments by hand to create a tiny banner. 


Then I sponged lucky limeade at the bottom of the white panel.  Now I'm ready to assemble.


The one on the left was my original concept - sponged some color on the banner but in the end I decided to keep 'em "clean".  .I also wanted some bling but the smallest rhinestones I have are still too big for the trees, so no bling after all.  The one on the right is the final design I submitted, clean and simple.

Here they are ready to go.  That's thirty 1-3/8" squares!


I should get my swaps back around the 20th.  I will share the collage when I put them together.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until the next post .............. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment