Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #24 - Pop Up Picture Holder

I'm almost caught up with my posts.  These cards were made at my sister's request.  She wanted cards that will "hold" pictures she wanted to send out for the holidays.

The construction is the same as the pop up gift card holder.  The exception is the size, these are 4.5" x 6" cards as opposed to the standard A2 cards.  These are pretty simple and easy to mass produce.  If you want information on how to create this pop-up card, see this POST.

With the first card, I rummaged through my stash bin and found the poinsettia embossed panel, die cut ornament and the small scallop circle.  So I basically created the card using those items.  I made the card base with pomegranate card stock to match the ornament and I selected the sentiment to fit in the small scallop circle.  I used lucky limeade ribbon because I liked the contrast between pomegranate and lucky limeade.


The second card is even simpler than the first.  I made the card base with white cardstock.  I stamped various size snowflakes all over the card front  and sponged the edges using Baja Breeze ink.  I stamped the sentiment with Midnight Muse ink and tied a ribbon around.  If I wasn't in a hurry I would have heat embossed some of the snowflakes.  But as it is, it looks very cool and crisp in person.


This is the inside with a picture inserted.  I found the snow flake patterned paper from my stash and that's where I got the design idea for the front of the card.


Hope you got some inspirations for your holiday cards from this series.  We're almost at the end, I will share the last one tomorrow.

Until then............. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment