Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #7 - Snowflakes (again!)

Just one more snowflakes, I promise!  I wanted a dark blue snowflake card so had to do one more.

I dry embossed the front of the card with Snowflakes embossing folder.  I've seen other crafters rub ink on their dry embossed images and I've never done it so perfect time to try it out.  I used a new ink from Stampin'Up called Illuminate Glimmer Watermark ink.  It gave the image a subtle glimmer but I'm going for an all out glittery image so had to do more.

Since it's a watermark ink I thought it would work for heat embossing like Versamark.  So I poured Iridescent Ice embossing powder all over the front of the card.  Heat set and voila!  A really glittery card!

I added the die cut snowflake in brushed silver, layered a punched circle from red glimmer paper and another punched circle in brushed silver with the sentiment stamped in Midnight Muse ink.  Final touch is the gray taffeta ribbon.

It's so sparkly I couldn't get a clear shot of the sentiment.  What do you think?



Those are the same cards.  My photo taking skills are not the best so I ended up with two shades of blue.

Till next time....  thanks for stopping by.  Cheers!!!


All supplies used were from Stampin'Up except for the embossing folder which is by Sizzix.

No comments:

Post a Comment