Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Angels

My last Christmas project are these angels that I've seen on various blog posts.  I made the first angel well before Thanksgiving.  Right away I had problems.  I could not locate my heat gun and my hanger hooks are not long enough.  I used glue and the shorter hooks.  The result was disappointing.  So I tabled that project until last week.

I now have a cheapo heat gun and instead of hooks I will use cords for a hanger.  Much better results.  When I was making these I thought of the children who died in Connecticut and how they're now little angels.  I added the little banner as my silent plea to end violence.  We need Peace on Earth.


I love how they turned out.  What I also like is that they're not flimsy.  The hot glue was the key.   Below is the group shot before I added the banner.


I gave some of these to the CCD teachers at church.  I'm also mailing a couple to an old friend who sent me a Christmas card this year.  I lost her address and I now have it.  She collects angels and I just know she would appreciate these.

Thank you for stopping by.  I wish you a Joyful Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment