Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Ornament

Everyone is abuzz about the ornament on the cover of Stampin'Up's Holiday Catalog.  Almost all my stamping friends made one exactly the same or with some color and element variations.  I had the same initial reaction as the others, which was "I can make this!"


I have all the tools and materials to make it but when I found out how to put it together I started wondering if it was worth all the time and effort.  There's a lot of stamping and die cutting involved but some creative types out there found ways to short cut the process.  When I finished my Christmas cards, I decided to go for it.  I used the same materials and color except for the linen thread where I substituted thin gold cords and I didn't have the large pearls so I left that out.


I think I did good.  The tulle needs to be trimmed and maybe I'll add a small pearl in the center after all.  I only burned my fingers with the hot glue a couple of times, nothing serious!


Someone made a red and white that I want to copy, it's very striking.

I have one more paper ornament that I want to do so stay tuned for that.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until the next post................ Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment