Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Treats

I made these fun snowmen last year.  Recently, I saw some postings with the same projects so I rummaged through my holiday stash to look for the leftover fleece from last year.  Luckily, I had some fleece that were already sewn, just need to cut to size. I found the template for the snowman in one of my flash drives, just need to print on cardstock.  One thing I don't have on hand are candy bars but I have a lot of granola and energy bars, which are basically candy bars masquerading as health foods!  Now I have everything I need to make some fun giveaway treats.


I wanted to give credit to the template designer but unfortunately I didn't have her name noted on my copy.  She designed the snowman image digitally and shared it on her blog.  All I did was format the image to print two to a page.

I trimmed the printed template to fit around the candy bar, or in this case granola and energy bars, and wrapped it around securing the edges with double-sided tape.

The hats were done with fleece remnants.  I took a 20" x 5" long piece, folded it in half and sew the ends (wrong side or inside, not sure what the proper term is) together.  You basically need a long "tube" made with fleece.  I cut about 5" from the long "tube" to form each hat.  Fold about 1/4" from one end twice.  Tie a string or cord an inch above the folded bottom, cinch tightly.  Cut the fringes above the string,

I cut a strip of fleece about half an inch by five inches for the scarf and tied that around the snowman.


Since I used leftover materials from last year, I struggled to put the hats on the snowmen but I got them on..  Last year I used Nestle Milk Chocolate bars and they're slightly narrower than the bars I used this year.  You can slide the bar from the opening at the bottom without destroying the design.

I had given some to kids already who thought they were cute.  But my son thought they were spooky when they were all lined up on my work table after I finished putting them together.  Oh, I just want to add that the energy bars are for adults like the mailman and the UPS delivery person.

One more week til Christmas.  Are you ready?

Thank you for stopping by.  Until the next post............ Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment