Friday, September 21, 2012

Day Eight - Network Cards

Have you ever been in a situation where you run into old friends, acquaintances or former co-workers and you get into chatting and then as you say goodbye, they ask for your contact information to keep in touch.  You both scramble for a pen and paper to exchange information and sometimes either one of you doesn't have them on hand.  That's happened to me.

Some people have business cards that they pass around but why settle for the ordinary printed cards when you can create your own fun and easy "business cards" or network cards.

I have done these cards years ago and recently revisited the idea since I'm looking for a job and have a lot of occasion to pass on my contact information.

These are a few of the ones in my purse now.  The purple case can hold ten cards and keep them together.  A few weeks ago Target had business card holders in their 'dollar bins' so I grab some and just added scrap paper to the lid and a quick tag with my initials.  Once again, I took the fun route and opted for the non-traditional monogram.  The downside to the case is it can only hold five cards.


 I kept the cards really simple.  You don't want them bulky so they can fit in people's wallets.  I don't know why but that's where I put business cards I get from people.  You need good adhesive so they won't fall apart.

One last thing, I made these for my son and one of his friends when they promoted from fifth grade.  At that age, most kids don't have cell phones yet so they came in handy when other kids ask for their email address or telephone numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment