Sunday, September 30, 2012

Miss You Dad!

It's been sixteen years!  I still miss your humor, compassion and stillness.  I wish you have met my son, I tell him stories about you all the time.

He was about five years old when I told him the moth story.  You see, a few hours after you passed away, Aser and his family found a moth inside their van on their way home from the hospital.  Terry and Toy got distressed with the moth flying around in the van so Aser told them that it's just Grandpa making sure we get home safely.  When they got home the moth was gone and they could not understand how it got out when all the windows were rolled up.

Everyone of us had moth sightings that first week after you passed away.  All of a sudden there's a moth in the house and soon it will be gone, no open windows or doors!  Over time, we all got used to visiting moths and we all like to think that it's you dropping in on us.

When Ian was about five years old, he started freaking out when he saw a moth flying around in his bedroom.  He wanted me to "kill" it when it landed on the far wall towards the ceiling.  That's when I first told him about the moth story and it calmed him down.

One day I heard him talking while I was in another room.  When I asked him who he was talking to, he said, "Oh, I was just saying hi to Grandpa, he's over there" and pointed to a moth perched on the wall.  Not long after that the moth just disappeared.  To this day, he's thirteen years old now, he still says Hi, Grandpa whenever he sees a moth in the house.  I hope you can hear him.

I love you Dad.

Dad and his loyal friend, Butch.

No comments:

Post a Comment