Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day Seven - Masculine Cards

I always struggle with masculine cards.  Almost all cards I create have some kind of floral elements to them and tend to be on the "girlie" side.  I always start with colors: blue, green and brown shades to me are masculine.  I stay away from any shade of pink although I totally disagree with a statement someone once said: "real men don't wear pinks".  I don't remember who said that, might have been my extremely sexist former boss.  I have seen quite a few men looking fine in a pink shirt!

For me, pinks just don't it when it comes to cards for men.  So I stick with blues, greens and browns.  Since I can't use floral patterns or elements, I stick with geometric patterns when choosing papers or embellishments.  I also avoid ribbons, instead I use twine or linen threads.

Here's a card I recently made for my brother.  I couldn't resist adding blings.  After all,  men like blings too!


And these are what I call CAS, clean and simple.  The card on the left features "buttons" made with cardstock.




No comments:

Post a Comment