Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Crafting Resolution #1 - Everyday Elegance

I gave up on making New Year's resolution years ago because I never keep them.  But recently when I was putting away all the supplies that I managed to scatter all over my work area I made a crafting resolution.  The first one was to complete all the card kits I have been hoarding.

I'm happy to say that I completed one kit in the last couple of days.  The card kit is called Everyday Elegance by Stampin'Up.  I can't even remember when I got this kit.

I started with the Cherry Cobbler cards.  I colored the image with Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive markers and was quite happy with the result.  I've forgotten the stunning look you get from multi-colored stamped images.  The layout is simple and took no time to put together.


I finished all four cards quickly.  The only variation is the sentiment - three happy birthdays and one thinking of you.


Onto the Baja Breeze cards.  I stuck with the floral theme and picked hydrangea for this set of cards.  I also colored the stamp with Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive markers.  I manually cut around the flower and stem and set it on the card with dimensionals.  Added the ribbon and the sentiment.  I have to say that this is gorgeous in real life.  I'm glad I took the time to fussy cut around the flower, sooo worth the effort.


The next card is a different layout.  I masked the stem and leaves of the flower and used Baja Breeze ink pad to inked the flower.  Then I color the stem and leaves with Old Olive marker.  When I stamped it on a white card stock I got a two-tone image.  Yikes!  I forgot to clean the stamp before inking it with another color.  But this was a good mistake since some hydrangeas are two-tone.


After that unplanned two-tone effect, the single color image just looked flat so I had to re-create my mistake to make the other two cards.



These four were a bit more work than the first four and you can see the difference.  I just love how they turned out!


Hope you enjoyed today's project.  Coming up next is the other card kit I have been saving.

Until the next post.............   Cheers!!!

irene

All supplies used were from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment