Friday, January 11, 2013

Crafting Resolution #2 Designer Cuts

The next card kit I'm going to complete is also from Stampin'Up called Designer Cuts.  This is a set of 8 laser cut cards.  I decided on real simple layout to highlight the delicate cut outs.

I could not resist making Valentine cards with the heart laser cut cards.  I cased a card I saw a while ago.  It's stunning and oh, so easy.  I made two of these.  The red glimmer paper really makes the cut out heart shine.




The next card can also be for Valentine.  For this one, I followed a tutorial by my upline Patty Bennett.  I used vellum colored with markers and attached it behind the cut out heart.  It's like stained glass when light shines through it.

The close ups.



I haven't done the other laser cut design.  Hopefully, I'll get to them next week and cross them off my to do list.  I'm currently focusing on my swap for my January 19th group meeting.  I'm still playing with layouts and designs and trying to finalize one that will meet the 10-minute criteria.

Until the next post..........Cheers!!!

irene

No comments:

Post a Comment