Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #13 - Purple Ornaments

Several years ago, one of the buildings at the Financial District in San Francisco had a Christmas tree decorated with all purple trimmings.  I thought it was gorgeous and everyday I passed by it I smiled and thought to myself that next year I'll have a purple Christmas tree.  Every Christmas since then I've tried but I never end up with a completely purple tree because each year I would still hang my favorite ornaments and they're not purple.

Yesterday, I thought of that purple tree again and that train of thought led to this purple card.  I've done quite a few whimsical cards already so I'm going for elegant this time.  What do you think?  Elegant enough?


Lots of dry embossing here.  The background used Woodgrain embossing folder, not traditional, but I like the effect here.  The ornaments were die cut first then positioned in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder individually.  I piled on the pearls for contrast and "hanged" them with silver strings.

The photo above was taken with natural light and shows the true color.  I turned on the overhead light for the picture below and got this gorgeous shade.... love it!


If you'd like to see other cards using these Ornament dies and the coordinating stamp set, I have them posted HERE.

Thanks for checking in today.  If you have any questions or comments, please don't be shy and say something.  You can even point out my grammatical errors, after all English is my second language and when I'm in a hurry, it shows.

Until the next post ...........  Cheers!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card...Where did you get that beautiful colored paper?

    ReplyDelete