Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas/Holiday Card #5 - Snowflakes

Hello!  Today I'm highlighting snowflakes.  Selecting which of my favorite snowflake image I should start with is the challenge.  I tend to pile them all in one card and create some kind of a snowstorm, lol.  My newest die cut acquisition is a huge snowflake and I'm leaning towards that, too.

The die cut won!  My card today came together pretty quickly.  This is another card that can be mass produced in no time.

I opted for white cardstock instead of blue, my original choice, and sponged three shades of blue inks across the front for my background.  I started with the lightest blue (bashful blue) above the one inch white space at the bottom.  I followed that with medium blue (marina mist) making sure to blend the two shades.  The darkest shade (midnight muse) was sponged lightly towards the top and heavily on the top edges.  Blend, blend, blend.

Then I stamped the tiny snowflakes all over in the darkest shade of blue, midnight muse, and use the same ink for the sentiment.  I used Brushed Silver cardstock to die cut the snowflakes, the die has 3 different snowflakes, I only used two.  I layered the two snowflakes with dimensionals and added the blings.

It's clean and cool and sparkly.  I like it!


Coming up next is the other snowflake card I made.  Until then............. Cheers!!!

All supplies used are from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment