Tuesday, October 30, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Cards Kick Off

I just thought of an ambitious undertaking - one Christmas card a day for the next twenty five days!  If you follow along, the week after Thanksgiving you will have twenty five cards ready to mail.

We will start with something quick and easy.


My card base is 4.25" x 5.50" cardstock.  I die cut a 4" x 5.25" white cardstock with one of the dies from the Labels Collection Framelits and used the negative as a "frame" for my image.

I stamped the image with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I masked about a quarter of an inch around the front of the card.

I sponged Pretty in Pink, River Rock, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler inks starting in the center of the image, layering the inks and moving toward the edges.  Remove mask.

Then stamped the sentiment and star image with Cherry Cobbler ink on the "frame".  Attached the "frame" to the base card using dimensionals.  Finally, tied a Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon around the front of the card and made a bow. Simple and clean.

As an afterthought I added a rhinestone on the star for a little sparkle.


One card done!  Thanks for checking in and if you have any comments or questions let me know.  If you would like to share your card or project, include the link in your comment.

Stay tuned for the next one.  Cheers everyone!!!


All supplies used are from Stampin'Up.  Stamp set is Rejoicing in Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment