Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sponged Frame Technique

Still playing with the Trust God and Serene Silhouette stamp sets from Stampin'Up........

Last week, I found a video tutorial by Dawn Olchefsky at dostampingwithdawn.com about sponged frame technique that I thought was so simple and stunning I just had to try it.

I used the same color cardstock (crumb cake) and inks (crumb cake, early espresso) but the embossing folder and stamps were different.  I still have the Trust God and Serene Silhouette stamp sets on my work table so I decided to work with those.  I also used the Square Lattice EP (embossing folder) because I like it and I haven't used it in a while.

Just like Dawn's tutorial, my main image was off to the left side and the sentiment was on the bottom right corner.  I don't like using glitter because of the mess it leaves behind but Dawn used glitter on her card so I had to try it too.  I glittered the tiny birds and OMG! it made all the difference.  The card is so serene and elegant in person.  I hope I captured that in the photo.


Noticed how I made two?  'Coz one is not enough!  I'm so pleased with how they turned out I can't stop looking at them.'

Cheers!!!


Supplies used are all from Stampin'Up.
Stamps:  Serene Silhouette, Trust God
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake 
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Embellishments: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment