Monday, October 29, 2012

Can this be a Christmas Card?

Continuing on with the acrylic block collage technique posted HERE, today I want to share with you another 'aha moment' when I finished the next card using this technique.

On this card I used a long acrylic block and stamped it with River Rock and Crumb Cake inks.  Using the same stamp set Garden Silhouettes, I selected the  flower bunch stamp for the collage images and stamped it multiple times in Cherry Cobbler ink.  Then I stamped the contrasting image in black StazOn.  When I was trying to decide on the sentiment I saw that the flowers look like poinsettias and that this could be a Christmas card, the aha moment!  I added the sentiment in black and admired my card.  See for yourself if you think this is a Christmas card or not.


After I took the picture I decided it needed a ribbon.  I used Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon.  I love working with this ribbon, somehow I always get perfect pretty bows I can't get with other ribbons.


If this is gonna pass for a Christmas card I better add some sparkle to it.  So I added dots of glitter adhesives called Dazzling Details on the center of each "poinsettias".


Trust me it's sparkly in person just can't capture it on film.  I'm definitely making more of these for Christmas with a slight adjustment on layout.  As it is now, it looks bottom-heavy.

What do you think?  Christmas or not?

Until the next post ............. Cheers!!!

All supplies used were from Stampin'Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment