Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Treats

I miss doing the Halloween treats for my son when he was in elementary school.  Nowadays, I'd do treats in small batches coz' they're fun to put together and I can do a lot of different ones.   I hand them out to the mailman, the UPS delivery person, the hairdresser or just about anyone I come across after I get them done.

This time, since I got the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit for my winning swap card I couldn't wait to get started.  All the things you need to put together cute Halloween treats are included in the kit.  Bags, labels, googly eyes and twine.

This is the mix of goodies I have on hand.  Just so you know, the candy corn I used for this picture are not the ones I packaged in the clear bags.  I ate a couple after I took the picture and tossed the rest.



Putting together the kit was quick and easy.  I used one of the image from the Googly Ghoul stamp set and I dry embossed the bag with Spider Web embossing folder.  After adding a few embellishments and filling the bag with goodies, you end up with these.  Aren't they fun?  The one in the middle is a door prize I won at our last group meeting.


For the candy corns, I put them in a narrow clear bag and attached a tag with ribbon or glue two tags together to close the bag.  I also used images from the Googly Ghoul stamp set on the tags.  In the past, I used the narrow clear bags for Valentines and Easter treats but my stash of clear bags came in handy today.  


In this next set, I used punch art as embellishments.  Punch arts are elements put together from punched pieces.  Here, the large oval punch from Stampin'Up was used to create the pumpkin and the owl punch was used to create the ghosts.


This past summer when I organized my work area, I separated  my "stuff" by season/occasion and put them in plastic containers.  That's why when I started this Halloween project I had easy access to all my Halloween goodies including a pack of die cuts I got a few years ago which would have been otherwise buried and forgotten.  I used some of those die cuts to create the gum cover below.


I also used die cuts on this box of Hershey nuggets.  Each candy was wrapped with cardstock stamped with a Halloween sentiment.  Not the best picture but I think you get the idea.


At last, this year's Halloween Treats are done and ready to be handed out.  Actually, after I took the pictures the UPS delivery person came by with my new trimmer from Stampin'Up and I was able to give her a bag of treats.  These are some of the treats, at least one of each of the items I made.


The only thing I wanted to do this year but didn't get to was a witch broom made with brown lunch bags.  I saw one a few weeks ago and it was so cute.  The handle was made with pretzel stick and I don't have any on hand.  Oh well, there's always next year.

Tomorrow I'll show you my Halloween card made with my all time favorite Halloween stamp set!

Cheers everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment