Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Card - Best Friends

As promised, today I'm sharing my all-time favorite Halloween stamp sets.  It's called Best Friends and the coordinating sentiment set Just Between Friends.  It came out in Stampin'Up's 2006 Holiday Mini Catalog.  In the past, I even used the witch and Dracula images on a few non-Halloween cards.

I stamped the images with black StazOn and colored with Watercolor Crayons.  I find coloring images so relaxing but somehow don't do it very often.  First up is Frankenstein.  Kept the layout pretty simple and I want Frankie in blue.  And he {heart} bats so I had to add a die-cut bat.


Next is Count Dracula.  I just love this image and the sentiment is perfect!  Could not resist adding my leftover googly eyes on his bouquet.  I made the center panel - main image before I decided on a layout.  When I finally settled on a center step card and positioned the main image and the sentiment, I was left with an empty space between the two.  So the ribbon was used to fill up the space.

 
Finally, the witch.  This color is called Rich Razzleberry and is one of my favorite Stampin'Up color.  It goes really well with Old Olive, another favorite.  On this center step card, I messed up on the measurements and it can't be covered.  Aside from the "extra" space on the center panel, I think it's a beauty.


And here's the group shot!


Hope you like these guy 'coz I love them!

Cheers everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment