Monday, October 15, 2012

Boxy Card

Life is interfering with my blogging!  I have been creating stuff but just haven't had a chance to post.

I have been making these "boxy" cards for occasions where there are a lot of signers like for office birthday cards, or for any office event that requires a lot of people to sign the card.  But the first time I made one was for my Mom for Mother's Day and I had all my siblings and their respective spouses and children write a short tribute to Mom.  Mom really loved it.

For such a WOW factor, it's very easy and simple to make.  Take a 12 x 12 cardstock and score horizontally and vertically at 4" and 8".  You're basically marking 9 four-inch squares.  Start at the bottom right side, cut 4 inches to the score line, inside  the 4" square.  Rotate cardstock to the left and cut another one on the bottom corner.  Repeat two more times.  Confused yet?  Hopefully, the picture will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.  Once all the cuts are made you just need to add embellishments to each panel.


The photo below shows you how the panels are folded to form the box and you'll see the construction detail.  



For the box top, you need a 6 x 6 coordinating cardstock.  I scored at 7/8" all around.  Fold and glue sides to form the top.  Add embellishments and you're done.  This is a Get Well card for a co-worker.





And here's the box with the top.


All supplies are from a retired Stampin'Up Scrappin' Kit.

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment