Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Altered Notebooks

I'm a sucker for pretty papers - cardstocks, handmade paper, coordinating designer papers, you name it.  I can't resist buying papers when I see a design or color I like.  The problem is I don't want to cut them up and use them so I end up hording beautiful papers.

Recently, I challenged myself to use more papers on my projects.  I picked my current favorites and created something with them.  One of the best way to use beautiful papers is altered notebooks.  I still prefer handwritten notes in spite of all the available fancy gadgets around and I always carry a notebook in my purse.  

Today, I'm sharing my notebooks with you.
I love these mini notebooks.  I carry one in my purse for when an inspiration strikes me.  I make notes for future projects or blog posts but I don't use them for grocery list!  I also altered the pens to coordinate with the notebooks.  While I'm at it, I made a simple pen cupholder.


These are the regular size composition books.  I kept them simple so I can add monograms later.  If I give them away, I'll add the recipient's initials.  If not, they'll have my initials!!!  These too, have matching pens.


This is a spiral notebook from Staples.  I added the tabs so I can separate my notes.  And the coordinating pen just makes writing so much more fun.



This is the inside cover.  I added post-it notes and a small pocket for stamps and business cards.  The big pocket is part of the notebook.  I kept it as is although  a blank canvas like that is screaming to be embellished!!


All rubber stamps, cardstocks and Designer Series Papers are from Stampin' Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment